There are many resources online describing the challenging ecosystem of agricultural entrepreneurship. Below, we present a variety of resources that we’ve found to be useful in framing these issues. If you have any suggestions to add to our list of resources please contact us.
USDA/ARS Publishes a list of intellectual property (IP) available for license as well as a national database of ongoing projects in relevant areas:
- Achieving food security in the face of climate change – Final report from the Commission on Sustainable Agriculture and Climate Change
- Agricultural Preparedness & the United States Agricultural Research Enterprise from the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology report
- Agricultural Innovation: The United States in a Changing Global Reality – Pardey and Beddow
- Building Public / Private Partnerships for Agricultural Innovation – International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Achieving the New Vision for Agriculture: New Models for Action – World Economic Forum
- Agriculture at a Crossroads: Global Summary for Decision Makers – International Assessment of Agricultural Knowledge, Science and Technology for Development (IAASTD)
- Ecoagriculture: Agriculture, Environmental Conservation, and Poverty Reduction at a Landscape Scale – Ecoagriculture Partners
- Bringing Agriculture to the Table – The Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Sustainable Agriculture Business Principles White Paper – United Nations Global Compact
- “Climate-Smart” Agriculture: Policies, Practices, and Financing for Food Security, Adaptation, and Mitigation – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- The State of the World’s Land and Water Resources for Food and Agriculture: Managing Systems at Risk – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Toward Sustainable Agricultural Systems in the 21st Century – Committee on Twenty-First Century Systems Agriculture; National Research Council
- Sustainable Agricultural Systems Science White Paper – U.S. Department of Agriculture, Research, Education and Economics Office of the Chief Scientist
- Solutions for Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems – Sustainable Development Solutions Network Thematic Group on Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems
- Solutions from the Land: Developing a New Vision for United States Agriculture, Forestry and Conservation
- Coping with Complexity: Innovative Approaches to an Emerging Issue in Agricultural Water Management – International Fund for Agricultural Development
- Agricultural Innovation Systems: An Investment Sourcebook – The World Bank
- The Future of Food and Farming – UK Foresight Report
- Institute for the Future: Global Food Outlook
- Nature Outlook: Agriculture and Drought
- The top 100 questions of importance to the future of global agriculture – J. Pretty et al.
- Planetary Boundaries: Exploring the Safe Operating Space for Humanity – J. Rockström et al.
- Solutions for a cultivated planet – J. Foley et al.